The policy has been split into different sections to make navigation easy and seamless. To learn more about each topic discussed in this Policy, click the particular topic in the Contents table.
Table of Contents
- Who is responsible for monitoring your personal data?
- What are the different kinds and categories of your personal data that we process?
- What are the different purposes for which we use your personal data?
- When do we process your personal data?
- Who do we share your personal data with?
- Global Transfers
- Direct Marketing
- What is the time period for which we retain your personal data?
- What are the rights you are entitled to as our customer?
Who is responsible for monitoring your personal data?
We, as the Data Controller, are primarily responsible for monitoring your personal data. By definition, a data controller is the organization or company that decides on the different methods of and goals for processing personal data.
What are the different kinds and categories of your personal data that we process?
The different types of your personal data that we may process includes, but is not limited to your:
- Location data
- Residential address
- IP address
- E-mail address
- Personal preferences
- Website usage data
What are the different purposes for which we use your personal data?
We collect your personal data directly from you whenever you visit our website or use the services that we offer. Any personal data that we collect from you will likely be used to:
- Send you promotional e-mails about the products and services we offer. For more details, go through in detail the section on Direct Marketing in this Policy.
- Sign you up for any community or forum that we may create from time to time, so that you can comment there and also provide your valuable thoughts and feedback.
- Carry out targeted ad campaigns and improve the ads that you get whenever you visit us.
- Evaluate, based on your user preferences, data that exists in the databases of our site and systems to enable us to improve the quality of our website and general business and services offered, thereby ensuring improved quality of service and overall user experience.
It is our guarantee that we process personal data only for the reasons and functions laid down in Section 3 of this Policy.
When do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data only when we are totally satisfied that:
- You have provided us with the required consent to use the personal data for that said purpose
- It is absolutely necessary for us to use your personal data to support any 'valid and legitimate' interests that we have, in a way that is balanced and ensures that we honor your privacy.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We are very careful about who we share your personal data with. as such, we work closely with a number of third parties to be able to successfully manage our business and deliver the various services that we offer our clients and customers. These third parties include, explicitly:
- Service providers as well as data processors that include cloud services; these are providers who work on your personal data as per our instructions to them.
We may also share your personal data with another entity for the following reasons:
- If it is deemed a critical requirement to safeguard our security and business interests or if it a legal requirement. In such a situation we may buy, sell or re-organize
- If we buy, sell, or reorganize any of our assets or business, or if a third party acquires any of our assets or businesses, which may include protective buyers and sellers.
Global or International Transfer
The term 'Global/International Transfer' refers to the transfer of any personal information to a nation outside the European Union (EU).
As mentioned in Section 4 earlier, we may allow third parties based outside the European Union to access your personal data for the specific reasons listed out in that section.
As a responsible organization that values the privacy of your personal data, we take stringent steps to ensure that any global transfer of your personal data is conducted carefully and in a way that protects all your business/personal interests and rights.
Should we receive requests from law enforcement agencies or regulators for disclosure of our clients' personal data, we comply with their request only after checking and assessing the request carefully.
It is your legal right to ask us to provide more information regarding any safety nets and cushions that we may have set up as mentioned in the earlier sections. Feel free to contact us directly should you feel the need for obtaining additional information from us.
Any personal data that you may provide us with may be used to send you direct marketing communications and mailers about the products and services that we and our partners offer. These include, but are not limited to:
- Sports betting services and information
- Online casino services
- Financial services
The direct marketing material that we send you may be in the form of:
- An e-mail
- Targeted online advertisements
Sometimes, we may process your personal data for marketing purposes based on the legitimate interests that our website may have (as mentioned in Section 3). This will always be done only once we have full customer consent as and when required by law.
You have the right to refuse any future direct marketing exercise that we may want to conduct. To do so you can contact us directly - details are provided in Section 9 - or use the opt-out web link that we provide in all the direct marketing communications materials that we send to our customers.
We respect our players' preferences and take steps to limit our direct marketing exercise to reasonable and proportionate levels. Our endeavour is to send direct marketing communications that are relevant and interesting to you and that is based on data about yourself that you provide us with.
What is the time period for which we retain your personal data?
There are, however, times and situations when we may retain your personal data for a specific time period. This is done only when necessary and for valid purposes including but not limited to:
- Legal requirements
We have in place a defined data retention policy for all personal data of our users that we store. Once it is determined that your personal data is no longer necessary for or required by us we ensure that it is kept safe and anonymously or deleted securely.
What are the rights you are entitled to as our customer?
As our valued user you have a number of rights relating to your personal information. For more information about these rights review the table provided below.
Should you wish to exercise your rights as our valued user you may contact us directly by mailing us at info@casinosCA.org or by writing to us at the following address:
1999 Rue Masson, Montréal, QC H2H 1A5, Canada GCQ8+HX Montreal, Quebec, Canada
When you contact us you can request us to do the following:
- Confirm whether we are processing your personal data
- Provide you with a copy of any such data that we may be processing
- Provide you with relevant and precise information about your personal data, which includes but is not limited to:
- Your personal data that we have
- The source from where we have obtained your personal data
- The purpose we are using it for
- The parties we are disclosing the said personal data to
- Whether we are transferring your personal data outside the European Union (RU)
- The steps, measures, and processes we have in place to protect your personal data
- The duration of time for which we retain your personal information
- The rights you are entitled to as a user
- The process you can follow to file a complaint
- Whether we have implemented any automated Profiling or Decision Making based on your personal data.
You have the right to request us to rectify any personal data of yours that you find to be inaccurate. By the same measure, we may ask you to verify the accuracy of the data you are asking to be rectified prior to actually carrying out the rectification.
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data. This can be done, however, only in the following instances:
- Your personal data is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was gathered.
- You withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data; please note that the basis of personal data processing is always user consent
- Your data was processed unlawfully
- To meet legal obligations you may have
- After a successful right to object, hereon referred to as 'Objection'
Please note that we are not bound to comply with user requests regarding erasure of personal data should it be found on investigation that the processing of said personal data is necessary for the following reasons:
- Compliance of legal obligations
- Establishment, defense, or exercise of legal claims
While these are the two most likely scenarios when a request for data erasure may be denied, it must be mentioned that there must be other situations or scenarios where we are not required to fulfil a user's request for data erasure.
As a valued user you have the right to request us to restrict - i.e. retain but not use - your personal data. However, this may be applicable only in the following cases:
- The accuracy of the data is challenged - as mentioned in Section 9: Rectification - to allow us to verify the accuracy
- The processing may be unlawful but you do not wish for data erasure
- The data is no longer needed for the purpose it was gathered but we still need it for creating, defending, or exercising legal claims
- You have exercised your right to object, and the pending validation of the grounds on which to override your objection is being carried out.
We also retain the right to utilize your personal data after a request for restriction has been filed in specific cases that include but are not limited to the following scenarios:
- We received your consent
- For the purpose of creating, defending or exercising a legal claim
- To protect the legal rights of another person or user
You are entitled to ask us to provide your personal data to you in a format that is:
- Commonly used
You can also ask for the data to be reported directly to another Data Controller. However this is allowed only in the following specific cases:
- The data processing is based on personal consent.
- On execution of a contract between us and you.
- Processing is done using automated methods.
You are entitled to legally object to any processing of personal data based on our legitimate interests should you feel that such processing and our legitimate interests are not as important as your fundamental freedom and basic rights.
We are entitled to an opportunity to prove to you that our legitimate interests are not frivolous and are solid enough to be deemed more important than your fundamental rights and basic freedom.
Should we transfer your personal data outside the European Union you have the right to request us for a copy of or reference to the various safeguards we have in place during the process of such an International Transfer outside the European Economic Area.
For the purpose of business sensitivity, we retain the right to redact agreements or any other related documents for such data transfers.
Should you feel the need, you are legally entitled to file a complaint with a specific supervisory authority regarding the manner in which we process personal data.
Our request to you is always to approach us directly first for resolution of any such matters before taking it out to a supervisory authority. Of course, you still retain, at any given point in time, to contact a supervisory authority for their intervention on your behalf.
- To ensure that we are able to provide you with a large number of functions on our site.
- Make the use of our website easier, more comfortable, and more convenient.
- To ensure that we are able to accurately recognize our users' preferences.