Five Largest Gambling Companies in the World
The gambling industry is booming and companies which hold a massive share in this market continue to rake it in. Let’s check out some of the largest online gambling companies in the world and what they are worth.
International Game Technology (IGT)
International Game Technology, commonly referred to as IGT, is headquartered in London. The brand provides several online gambling solutions and products and this includes lottery management software, online lottery technologies, electronic gaming machines like slots, sports betting platforms, digital games and more. In 2018, International Gaming Technology reported revenue of $4830 million.
The NYSE listed brand has released over two million slot machines over three decades and has paid out over $6 billion in wins. IGT is credited with developing the first computerized play tracking system. Among its online casino offering are video slots, keno, bingo, and table games, which are compatible across all platforms including iOS and Android operated smart-phones and tablets.
IGT has acquired several other gaming companies over the years. This includes:
- Barcrest Gaming
- Anchor Gaming
- Silicon Gaming
- Double Down Interactive LLC.
In the stock market, the group has managed to slowly but steadily drive its price higher due to the ability to survive and pay down debt following a decade-long acquisition spree.
GVC Holdings PLC
GVC Holdings PLC is a sports betting and gaming firm well established in both B2B as well as the B2C markets. There are plenty of subsidiary brands of GVC Holdings PLC, namely, bwin, sporting bet and Foxy Bingo.
Some facts about GVC Holdings PLC:
- Headquarters located in Douglas, Isle of Man.
- Has their very own proprietary technology platform and this is home to offerings such as online casino games, online sports betting, bingo and more.
- Became the UK largest high street bookmaker after they acquired Ladbrokes in early 2018.
- The company holds licenses in over 20 countries.
Bet365 arguably has better brand recognition than both International Gaming Technology and GVC Holdings PLC. The ability to market its brand well is a major reason why Bet365 has managed to attract attention even among the non-gambling public.
- Bet365 was launched in 2000, and claims to have a customer base of over 35 million people.
- In 2018, Bet365 reported a revenue of £2.86 billion. Starting off from a small bunch of bookmaker shops and then going online, Bet365 has grown leaps and bounds in all regards.
- More than 75% of Bet365’s revenue is estimated to come from overseas players.
- Some of the biggest Bet365 markets include Australia, Austria, Argentina, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Denmark, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
- Bet365 is licensed in the following jurisdictions - Australia, Denmark, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Italy, Malta and Spain.
Bet365 is popular because of their extensive marketing, their presence across the globe, the fact that it is a well-known and trusted brand, and also because they offer betting on a huge variety of sports.
Flutter Entertainments PLC
Paddy Power Betfair PLC was relaunched as Flutter Entertainments PLC in mid-2019, to better reflect the diversity of its brands. The brand caters to over six million customers worldwide and operates a number of sports betting and gaming brands which include:
- Paddy Power
Apart from online bookmaking, Flutter has now forayed into daily fantasy sports too.
Some facts in numbers:
- Paddy Power Betfair (PPB) online division that includes Paddy Power, Betfair and Adjarabet reported revenue of £1 billion in 2019.
- Their Australia division, Sportsbet, has a 26% share in the Australian market with reported revenue of £446 million.
- The US division, FanDuel Group, is the top online sportsbook and gaming brand in the US with revenue worth £376 million.
- PPB Retail features over 620 Paddy Power betting shops across the UK and Ireland with several betting products.
William Hill PLC
William Hill PLC, founded in 1934, is a British firm with its headquarters in London. They employ in excess of 15,000 people all over the world and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. In 2018, William Hill PLC reported revenue of £1.62 billion.
With a betting heritage of 85 years, William Hill PLC generate their revenue through three main channels:
- William Hill US
Apart from the United Kingdom, William Hill PLC is licensed by five of the largest regulated gambling markets in the world. They truly have an international footprint and a loyal customer base.