The online casino revolutionized the gambling industry, enabling people to play their favourite casino games from the comfort of their homes. From the time the first online casino launched in the 1990s this industry has come a long way, growing into a global multibillion dollar business. Gambling has always been popular in Canada, and the online casino is no exception. You find a large number of online casinos from foreign operators accepting Canadian players.
With such a large number of casinos to choose from, Canadian players are spoiled for choice. But the large number of casinos available also throws up a unique challenge: as a new player how do you choose the best online casino to play at? Read on to figure out all you need to know about playing at a new online casino, and what differentiates a great new online casino from a good one.
7 New Online Casinos and Bonuses
|All Slots Casino||NewExclusive||100% match up to C$1550||30x Bonus||Play Now|
|Jackpot City Casino||New||100% match up to C$1600||50x Bonus||Play Now|
|Red Flush Casino||New||C$1000 and 30 minutes of Free Play||30x Bonus||Play Now|
|EuroPalace Casino||New||100% match up to C$500||40x Bonus||Play Now|
|32Red Casino||New||C$10 No Deposit||50x Bonus||Play Now|
|GoWild Casino||NewExclusive||50% match up to C$1000||50x Bonus||Play Now|
|Club Player Casino||New||450% match up to $895||30x Bonus||Play Now|
Why Play at a New Online Casino?
First of all, there is nothing wrong with continuing to play at your favourite online casino if you are already registered with one. There is nothing wrong in having a list of cool casinos on your favourites list either. But then, wouldn’t it be nice to just change things up once in a while? A different interface, a different range of promotions, another list of exciting games, and yet the same payment methods that are popular among Canadian players: you get all of that when you sign up with a new online casino.
There are numerous reasons why an Canadian player should look to play at a new online casino, apart from just the refreshing feeling of being at a new venue: the excitement of seeing a new interface and some great games. A new online casino will always be looking to attract players, and what better way to do that than offer some fabulous bonuses? That is one thing you will find - a range of big and attractive bonuses - at all the good new online casinos. Big bonuses are a big help, because they help boost your bankroll. Many of the new online casinos offer other lucrative bonuses as well, including fabulous freebies and prizes like an exotic holiday for your family.
You get to play loads of new and exciting games when you sign up at a new online casino. You will especially enjoy it if the new casino has software different from what you are already playing on. A range of exciting new games is always exciting, regardless of what games they are. Besides all the usual perks that we know are there - great customer support, new experience, and all that - there is also the thrill of ‘discovering’ a brilliant new world. The feeling of having discovered a new place is great; even more exciting is being able to boast about it to your friends over a beer at your favourite Canadian pub!
Figuring out the Best New Casino - Things to Check for
There are a large number of new casinos that accept Canadian players. In such a situation, it is really in your best interest to pick the best of the lot to play at. How do you do that? There are a few things you need to check for when you reach the landing page of a new online casino that you are considering playing at. Here are 5 critical things that can help you separate the great ones from the good ones and help you take that vital decision: signing up with the casino for real money play.
- Licensing: the first thing you must check for when you arrive at a new online casino is the licensing information. Is it displayed prominently on the home page? All top online casinos - old or new - display licensing information on their home page. You will find at least the logo of the licensing authority on their home page. This is important, because it increases your confidence in the brand. Nobody likes hunting through the long-winded terms and conditions section just to find out where the casino is licensed; and it speaks volumes of the operator’s approach to players as well.
- Software: The key to a good online casino - new or old - is the software that powers it. Check at the bottom of the home page for the logo of the software provider. Some casinos do not provide this information, and that can be quite annoying, especially if you are just keen on knowing which software you will be playing on.
Every one of the top new online casinos for Canadian players showcases the name of the software provider; these are usually Microgaming, Playtech, RTG, NetEnt, and others. Knowing the provider’s name is vital because it gives you a fair idea of what to expect. For instance, when you come to a casino using BetSoft software you know you are going to get games with high quality graphics and features.
- Bonuses and Promotions: We all love bonuses and promotions. New online casinos use this knowledge to offer a fabulous range of bonuses and promotions to attract prospective new players. The first offering is the welcome bonus, and then there are a slew of other exciting bonuses - reload bonuses, loyalty points, referral bonuses, and more - for existing players.
Check and see how good the welcome bonus is: the bigger the better. Of course, ensure that you go through the terms and conditions attached to the welcome bonus and fulfil them; only then will you be able to use them effectively. A casino that offers a no deposit bonus to kick things off is always likely to be a good bet.
- Banking Methods: One of the most important things at an online casino is payment method support. Check whether the online casino you are looking at supports sufficient number of payment methods. When you play at a casino supporting a wide range of payment methods, you automatically get more options to choose from when it comes to funding your account.
Also, as an Canadian player check whether the new online casino supports payment methods that are popular in Canada. For instance, playing at an online casino that supports POLi would definitely be a better option than one that doesn’t support it, even though it may support numerous other internationally popular methods like NETeller.
- Customer Care: What if you have something you want to ask your online casino when you are playing late at night? You go to the customer support section and find you can access them only in the morning! That is a definite dampener; you should be playing at a new online casino that offers 24x7 customer support to its players. The top new online casinos will also usually offer multiple modes for customer support, including live chat, telephone, and e-mail. Getting a new online casino with multi-lingual support is an added bonus.